Mike Berry, Project Manager at Big Life's 'Skills2Build' division, was responsible for installation of Kedel's recycled plastic fencing on Your Housing's Partington Estate in Manchester, (see case study).
He remarked that on Saturday nights it was not unusual for fence pales to be kicked through as people came out of the pubs and clubs.
"That isn't happening anymore," he says. "If you kick a recycled plastic fence pale, it kicks back!"
Key Advantages of Recycled Plastic Wood Fence Pales:
- Needs no paint or preservative
- no annual maintenance or replacement costs
- No splinters for little fingers
- Does not rot or entertain mould
- Impervious to insects
- Non absorbent and easy to clean - graffiti wipes off with detergent or WD40 and ultra fine wire wool
- Vandal resistant - difficult to kick through
- 100% Recycled and recyclable
- Greatly reduced lifetime costs