Kedel Limited is a family business, founded on ethical and ecologically sound principles.
When choosing to start a business featuring the best of recycled plastic products, it was our intention, as far as practically possible, to make being green a feature of all our company decisions.
We are dedicated to making sustainable living attractive, and very easy for our customers to incorporate into their personal and working environments.
We believe that this will bring us all healthier, happier lives, and a much better future, infinitely sustainable, for all generations to come.
Sustainability Strategies – How we achieve our goals
We offer sustainable products
We manufacture products from recycled and recyclable materials, enabling our customers to maintain a reduced carbon footprint. We source and promote a product range that has minimal environmental impact.
We have a sustainable supply chain
- We do not import or export plastic waste, as transporting waste plastic around the globe vastly increases its carbon footprint, and defeats the purpose and ideal of recycling, making it unsustainable.
- We only use British sourced waste plastic to develop a regular closed loop of recycling practise that can be maintained indefinitely.
- We regularly ask our suppliers for traceability of the bulk materials that go into our products to ensure they continue to meet these criteria.
We have a sustainable manufacturing policy
We conduct all aspects of our business in a way that ensures we have the least impact on the environment:
- We minimise waste by continually re-evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible, and we use the most up to date machinery, designed to minimise waste in manufacturing, and ensure efficient use of energy.
- Wherever possible we favour and use transportation methods for distribution of our goods that consider the environment, and utilise vehicles with lower toxic emissions and higher efficiency.
- We actively promote recycling both within the company and amongst our customers and suppliers.
- We have a policy of sourcing all we need to conduct business from within a 50 mile radius of our manufacturing unit to minimise the carbon footprint of transportation.
- Where possible we pack our products in recycled or even pre-used packaging to minimise waste.
- We seek constantly to meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the operation of our business.
We conduct regular policy reviews
We regularly scrutinise these strategies and invite others to assess our performance. This ensures that we do not become complacent or forget the ideals on which our business is founded.
We invite your input
If there is any area of our activity which you feel does not meet with our green ideals or yours, we would certainly like to hear from you – comments are invited.
Please feel free to review our products honestly when you receive an email request after buying, or at any other time. We really do value your input.
Green Ethics Manager