Maintenance-free Beams and 2.8m recycled plastic sleepersMore durable and environmentally friendly than wood or concrete
This is our thickest sleeper though not our longest. Some of our sleepers are as long as 6 meters, such as our 230 x 80mm
and 160 x 80mm
versions. This one at 240 x 160mm can be up to 2.8 meters. That keeps up to 107kg of waste plastic out of landfill and incinerators.
In addition, Recycled Plastic Beams and 2.8m recycled plastic sleepers out perform any wooden equivalent on lifetime cost and performance.
Here are some of the distinct advantages that reduce lifetime costs to no more than the cost of installation.
Common uses include:
- Never need paint or preservative
- Do not warp or crack and no splinters for little fingers
- Graffiti easily removed with WD40 and wire wool
- Water and frost proof - non absorbent, dries quickly
- Impervious to mould and insects
- More durable than concrete or wood
- Maintain their appearance for decades without the burden of maintenance
- Hygienic and easy to clean with normal household cleaners
- Higher flame resistance than wood
- Denser and heavier than wood
- Vandal resistant
- 100% recycled and recyclable UK plastic
- Recreation and play area terracing and casual seating
- Raised beds
- Steps for pathways in country parks
- Dunnage and stillage for large pieces of heavy equipment
- Soil containment and wetland barriers
- Coastal groynes to prevent coastal erosion
Recycled Plastic Beams and Sleepers are excellent value for money.
Once installed they will never need replacement.
Available in brown and grey and 1 - 2.8m lengths with weights from 37.5 to 100kgs.